Saturday, September 19, 2009

Kaleo Begins...

hey everyone thanks for wanting to read my blog. hopefully I will be able to keep you guys up to date with all the fun stuff I will be doing out here. so my adventure at Kaleo began on wednesday the 16th. We started with some orientation stuff which was alright, but on thursday night the fun began. We started to choose are churches when I got the sheet i quickly scanned it up and down looking for the smallest chuch i could, because my church as home is so small. My choices ended up being between Ladysmith Baptist and Cobblehill. I ended up choosing cobblehill and i was pretty excited about it. however the next morning i was approached by Christie and Jim about changing churches, at first i was a little hesitant but after they told me about the church i would be going to i got pretty excited the church was Warmland. It is a seeker-focused church which means most of the people who attend their church wouldn't normally go to church. i am looking forward to some of the conversations im going to be able to have with the people who attend the church. I'm hoping that i am going to be able to help out in there youth programs working with the kids. with all the years i worked at christian camps i think i will be able to bring something there that is unique to people who have worked at camps.





......well its a couple days later and I went to church and i really really liked it. i founf it was alot like my church at home. it made me look forward to being part of the ministry there even more, i plan on attending their evenind "deeper" service as well. which will have a deeper sermon and their "up" service which is more focused on worship songs.

thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised that you didn't choose Ladysmith just for the name alone. Glad that you have found a church that you enjoy. Sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep having fun and remember to call your Mom.

    ReplyDelete