So this week we all went up to mount Washington to go snowboarding and skiing, it was some of the best snowboarding of my life and I am going back in two weeks with my youth group which is going to be just as fun. At night time we would have chapels the first night we went around and told each other how we could see Christ in each other, the overall consensus for me was that I was forgiving. I think I can agree with that but I definitely don’t want people to assume that I am just going to forgive them no matter what they do, although this is usually the case. The second night we started by talking about name changes in the bible like Simon to Peter or Saul to Paul. The challenge was to give each other new names people got names like Conqueror Shepard Gem and Care-Giver. One by one everybody got a name, I kept thinking okay someone has got to give me a name soon, but that’s not how it happened. I was the very last person to get a name, this doesn’t really bother me at all I was just surprised cause I tend to think of myself as a louder person more in the front so I thought I would get a name pretty soon. My name ended up being “abundance” or “abundant” I’m not even that sure. Either way it’s a pretty sweet name they gave me it because of how I live my life apparently I am abundant with life and just loving it. I can agree with that but not all the time there is obviously times were I get upset and am not loving life but for the most part I think I am a “Half-Glass-Full” kind of person. That chapel lasted two nights. So for our final chapel we were challenged to confess something to God in front of everybody the whole time I was thinking about saying something but I couldn’t get over the feeling that I was confessing to the other people more than God. Not that I think that confessing to our peers is wrong cause it is definitely biblical I just didn’t feel right doing it in such a big group. That’s all for this week BYE BYE J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awsome blog....I enjoyed it twice!!
ReplyDeleteMatty, always love reading your blogs. SOunds like the Missionsfest speakers really hit you hard. I encourage you to think about those sessions some more (read your blog post on it if you need a refresher).
ReplyDeleteRegarding your name: it is Abundance. And with it comes the challenge to seek to live out the abundant life He has called us to - which is different than what the world would define it as. And so... that is something for you to search out. (What is "the life that is truly life"?...)