Monday, March 8, 2010

long time no blog

Well as you can probably tell from my title it has been a long time since I last blogged, my sincerest apologies, it’s been busy over here in Kaleo and I have been quite forgetful. Well its not like we have been doing that much over the month of February…other than the Olympics!!!!!! That’s right I was a volunteer (AKA Smurff) at the Olympics other than all the amazing work God was doing through us (which I will get to later) it was an amazing time most of us were working at Whistler Olympic Park, this is where all the Nordic events took place, so that’s ski jumping, cross country skiing and biathlon. And let me tell you Europeans love their Nordic sports… The fans there were insane waving flags and dress up and showing pride in their country. Sadly, Canada doesn’t do so well in the Nordic events which meant there wasn’t to many exciting times for most of the people working other than when we got news of Canada getting a medal. For the most part I worked down near the bottom of the hill which meant I was doing security or directing people where to go in the morning and just trying to get everyone out of the park after the events while keeping them happy. Now onto the reason why the Kaleo crew went down to the Olympics…Jesus! We started off pretty good and a lot of people got some really good conversation going with people. I got to know I security guard name Clark he had a lot of question…. I think you guys might have heard of Clark already so let me skip to the end of his story… he got a lot closer with me and some of the other Kaleos and continued asking amazing questions I can tell he is really seeking and I pray for him and I think it would be awesome if all of you guys could pray for him as well. He said stuff like he wishes he could believe what we believe but has too much of a scientific mind so he struggles with that, but I really do have hope for him. Anyway near the beginning of the trip we were doing really good and getting to know a lot of people but then we sort of hit a slump for a couple days like we were their trying to work for God but we just weren’t making any progress so one night during our chapel we prayed about it and from then on it felt like we were on fire it was so much better than it was at the beginning I think that’s because we started relying on Gods strength and power instead of our own. (wow that’s a run on sentence but you know what WHO CARES cause it’s a blog :) ) We ended off our time there in such an amazing way, we handed out cards to some of the people who we really got to know and speak with so we are still praying for them that God will harvest the seed that we planted. Well, that’s my Olympics adventure :) I have gospels coming up this week and its probably going to be the hardest class of the year so remember to keep me in your prayer. Thanks
Love you mom :)

1 comment: