Sunday, October 25, 2009

THIS IS A TITLE

Well this week was crazy… we had our hermeneutics class. It was pretty intense we talked about a lot of pretty cool stuff but something that stood out for me was the idea of baptism and whether you need it to be saved. I never thought you did but some people in my class who believe that you must be baptized to get into heaven. We talked about and it didn’t really change my opinion on it, I wish the Prof was a little more clear what he thought though, because it does say both things in the scripture. So as far as comments go feel free to give what you think… I’ve been thinking about baptism to lately even before that class cause when I was baptized I didn’t really get it or understand what it was all about I just really wanted to go in the water I was like 8 or something. So me and another guy here were thinking about asking Jim about that. It would be pretty cool I think. This week at youth was pretty awesome my small group is starting to pay more attention and the kids are starting to open up more to the Kaleo students. In church I was working with the older kids so we talked about the parable of the lost sheep/coin/son. Well that’s pretty much my week, I feel really bad because I never know what to write in these things and there are always really short. So if you want me to add anything just ask in the comment section and I will try to answer eventually.

Any who this week we are going surfing and I’m really looking forward to it.
Prayer Requests: Patience for me…. thanks

3 comments:

  1. Hey Matt, yea you were 5 when your were baptised and I didn't understand much about it either. We were attending a church where the pastor encouraged it strongly. Pray about it and follow where the Lord leads you. I'll pray for patience for you, stay safe Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, baptism is an outward sign of an inward committment. If baptism could make you saved then you wouldn't need Jesus. Just keep that in mind as a rule. Anything that is Jesus + _____ = salvation should sound sketchy to you. However, that doesn't meant that is not commanded. The end of the book of Matthew says that we are to baptise disciples of all nations. The gospels expect that all who know Christ will follow Him into baptism. I was baptised when I was 3 because my parents thought it would give me some sort of a pass into heaven. I was baptised again after my first year of Bible College because I was making my own committment, and I was ready to make it on my own. You're in a good place. DO ask your teachers about it.
    Glad that things are going well with your church. Keep at 'er kiddo!
    P.S. You could let us know what Bible verses you are trying to memorize ;) See if you can learn them faster than your Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,..that Cindy is a wise woman!! Even though she is staying home with two toddlers her brain hasn't turned to mush!!:) Another suggestion about things you could blog about, tell us about the people your connecting with, (teachers, friends, people at church) Let us know how your doing in class, any struggles? Keep up the good work buddie Love you tons
    mom

    ReplyDelete