Monday, November 23, 2009

WANNA FIGHT?!

Well the 24/7 week of prayer is over and it was amazing… I wish that we could keep the room we used to just go in and be alone; I see that being something really helpful. Something really cool happened to me this week, I got a letter from my Dad where he both quoted scripture and said “praise the Lord” it makes me think back to who he used to be and I am so glad that he has changed. It is such an answer to prayer! I had some pretty cool times in the prayer room this week, my first time in there I was alone and I felt kind of weird like I wasn’t connecting with God the way I wanted to. The next day was completely different and set the tone for me for the rest of the week. I was in the with Matthew Newton we started by sharing some of our testimonies with each after that we just prayed for each other and the people of kaleo who wrote “prayer requests” on the tables. That was the only time I was in there with someone else other than the time all the guys went in to pray for each other. This week at youth group the kids were crazy! The exact opposite of last week not only were they barely listening to me and the other small group leaders they also were barely listening to Stevie-G our youth pastor, but I guess it’s good that they are going. It is getting frustrating through because I’ve been going to help in the youth group for so long now and it seems like the kids aren’t absorbing anything but only God knows the heart and I’m going to try not to let it bug me. At church this week was in charge of the games it was really fun, the kids had fun and so did I, but once again I don’t see them absorbing much but that might also be because I am leading the game the lesson… I hope so. This week is our church ministry class I really didn’t think that it was going to be very good but we had our first day today and I loved it. I thought a lot of it was really interesting, the teacher is fun, and the work load isn’t that bad. This week we also had a “kaleo fight night” where we got all the guy together and matched them up in wrestling matches it was a lot of fun to watch and we made some really funny mock fight interview videos it was a lot of fun.
Anyway I’ll be home soon enough, see you soon

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your youth from the week before came around to your life this week. There's quite the similarity between Paul's life change and what is going on with your Dad. What an encouragement. Keep your head up kiddo!

    ReplyDelete