Sunday, November 8, 2009
WHATS YOUR NAME......WILLY?
Hey everybody, I'm doing pretty well. Not a lot happened this week to be honest cause it was reading break. But I think I did enough stuff to attempt to entertain you with this blog. The first couple of days I just did work, which was all right but very boring. On Tuesday, we took a day trip to Victoria, which was really sweet I bought some cd’s and volleyball. But even more exciting than that were the people we met. Me and the people I was with decided it would be cool if we bought some lunch for the people we met on the street. We went up the first street and we met a musician named Julian (I think… I’m actually really bad with names) he had some pretty good songs (minus the profanity) that he played for us and we told him and his friend don to meet us down at a fish and chips place later for lunch and we continued on our way. We went to some stores along the street they were okay. We turned the corner and we saw a man sitting on the side of the sidewalk so we went up to him and asked him if he would like to eat lunch with us. He was drunk out of his mind and could barely communicate with us. But we managed he eventually told us later that his name was Willy and we talked with him as we walked down to the fish and chip store. Once there we bought him some food and walked down to a nicer sit down restaurant where we met the people from earlier. We told them about the program we were in and tried to witness a little but then we learned that Julian was a pastor’s kid. His dad thought at capernway he had some pretty interesting views on Christianity and religion in general. After lunch we departed from our newfound friends and went to the mall… that’s where I got the stuff I bought (not important). The next day was Wednesday, and I had youth group I went and it was about the usual. My kids were kind of listening but not really all “there” but every little bit helps (or that’s what I keep telling myself) after Wednesday I had to get cracking on my hermeneutics paper which was completed early and I felt pretty confident in what I wrote. I worked this weekend in the kitchen and challenge coarse where I feel like I did my part however, I have been feeling pretty sick lately but its getting better. Other than that, I look forward to our next coarse (old testament) it should be a blastprayer requests: my health and the health of some other Kaleo students who are even worse than I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Imagine that, youth that don't listen very well. Can't think of a time when I've had that happen. Can't think of a youth that was screwing around....anyway.
ReplyDeleteHope you get to feeling better soon. I'm sure that your Mom will tell you to wash your hands, treat your symptoms and get your flu shot. Hey, she's in the medical field, so she should know best!
Keep at 'er kiddo!
C.
P.S. If you ever need someone to edit your papers from a gramatical point of view, just let me know.