Well this was our first week back and it was pretty rough we had class our second day back which just so happened to be my birthday. I found the class pretty hard and difficult to pay attention to it just wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. Other than the class it has been a pretty awesome first week I felt God showing me lots. I think this semester God just wants me to trust him that everything will be fine in April because I am already anxious about it, I hope these feelings will go away soon by trusting in God so if you guys would just pray for that I would really appreciate it. This weekend we went to missionfest and I had a really awesome time even though I only went to two seminars…
so the first session I went to was about sex slavery in this town in Cambodia this was very powerful for me and I think God wanted me to see it and it lined up with the session that night for the young adults. the town he was talking about was the worst town in the world for child sex slavery so what basically happened is they went in and took to one of the major brothels and saved a lot of girls and arrested a lot of the pimps and stuff, so then what they did is they took the brothel and turned it into a community center and church for all the kids who have been assaulted and continue to be assaulted every night. which just showed so much hope for that community. after that the organization "Ratanak" decided that the kids are not the only ones who need to be saved which i never really thought about. so what Ratanak did was open a gym for the pimps and thugs and the people selling these children but in order to go to the gym the thugs and pimps had to go to a bible study. so even though these people were still committing these horrible crimes i believe they will one day change because of this program. In the last part of the presentation he showed pictures of this massive sex hotel the pimps wanted to build which was almost done but they could not afford to finish it so what they decided to do was sell it to the people working with the children for a very cheap price. This part just amazed me what God had done, if they completed the building and it became a sex hotel almost everything that had gone on in this community would have been for nothing. Instead, what would have been a sex hotel is now going to be a church/clinic/school. My heart goes out to these people and i honestly do want to find a way to help this organization the next seminar i went to was about china but it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be....instead of talking about what the people in china need as far as mission she talked about what the Chinese missionaries are doing. The Chinese church has taken on themselves to bring the gospel back to Jerusalem which means over fifty mainly Muslim countries. She talked about the desire that the Chinese people have to see the gospel shared everywhere and we just don’t see that kind of intensity from western Christians like a lot of Chinese Christians know about suffering for Christ where as most of us don’t. So it just made me think about how God works and the love and commitment to him I need to have.
Wow I think this is the longest blog I have ever written
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thought provoking blog....sounds like you had a great weekend. p.s. love the long blog,
ReplyDeletemom